SA302 Tax Calculations (Self-Assessment form)
What’s an SA302?
The SA302 is a brief summary of the income that has been reported to HMRC. It is a response from HMRC which is only issued to those who submit a Self-Assessment tax return before 31 October (for paper returns) or 31 January (for online returns) following the end of the tax year.
The importance of the SA302
The form shows your income for the year and how much tax you owe. As it is effectively a certificate that documents exactly how much income you have declared, you can use that as evidence of your earnings per year once you’ve sent your Self-Assessment tax return. You can also get a tax year overview for any year. You might be asked for these documents as evidence of your income, for example if you’re applying for a mortgage when you’re self-employed.
How can I get my SA302?
1. Log in to your HMRC online account.
2. Go to ‘Self-Assessment’
3. Go to ‘More Self-Assessment Details’
4. Choose ‘Get your SA302 tax calculation’
5. Select the option to print your tax calculation and tax overview.
SA302 Form example
What information does SA302 forms contain:
– Total Taxable income
– Total Income tax due
– Tax allowance
– Profits from rental income
– Any other income which tax is due
– National insurance contributions
– Calculation of tax due or tax refund
Need more help with obtaining your SA302?
As a trusted agent on your behalf, we have access to your SA302, and we would be able to send you a copy if required. Get in touch and we can try & help you further.